If your group, class or business wants to volunteer, we would love to set up a special project just for you!
We have many opportunities for you to put your special skills to use
- Cook meals in the soup kitchen
- Fix holiday dinners
- Do repair and maintenance work on the women’s shelter
- Load clothing to be taken to third world countries
- Donate and put together hygiene kits
- Give presents to the kids at Christmas
- Sponsor families or individuals who really need some help
- Have a clothing or coat drive
- Have a food drive
- Donate turkeys for our holiday dinners and needy families
- Host and maintain a garden plot for use in the soup kitchen and shelter
- Teach a class or give a talk on the services you provide
- If you are a non-profit and provide services to our population, contact our client assistance worker and she will schedule a Friday for you to come in and set up a table and explain your services at noon; you can also show up at any of our mobile food pantries and set up your table and walk the line if desired
Translate the values of your company into your impact in the community
Looking for a unique and fun way to strengthen communication and rapport among your team?
Through Corporate Service Days, you have the opportunity for your employees to unite around your company values and translate those values in to community service projects at the Silver City Gospel Mission.
Working side by side with us, your employees will execute their project and help make the world a better place. Please contact us or drop in and talk to the director at the Mission for more information.
Employee Volunteer Fund
Freeport-McMoRan, PNM and WalMart are proud to support employees that give their time and effort to help those in need by offering funds to match unpaid volunteer hours served. When an employee volunteers a minimum number of hours a year with a nonprofit organization, the organization is eligible to earn either a grant or other special benefits.
If you are an employee of one of these businesses and want to help in a big way, please contact your HR department or the Silver City Gospel Mission to find out more.
Tell us what you think! Please click below to recommend, share and leave a comment on this pageNo tags for this post.