The Bible makes it very clear as to how to receive the Gift of Eternal Salvation from God the Father:
- Admit that we are sinners, be willing to confess our sins before God, and be willing to repent and turn from those sins.
- Be willing to accept the fact that Jesus Christ came to our earth in the flesh to die on the cross for all of our sins, that He rose from the dead on the third day, and then be willing to formally accept Him as your personal Lord and Savior.
This acceptance of Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior must be confessed out loud before God the Father.
It does not have to be done in a church. This can happen to anyone at anytime at any place. It can be done in the privacy of one’s own bedroom. Here are three specific verses showing all of the above points.
- “REPENT THEREFORE and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.” (Acts 3:19)
- “IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
- “… if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation.” (Romans 10:9)
Notice the last verse says to confess with your mouth, and with the mouth confession is made to receive salvation. This means just saying a good, basic, salvation prayer out loud direct to God the Father from your heart.
Below is a good, basic, salvation prayer to give to someone who wants to get saved by accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Some people call this the “Sinners Prayer.” Others call it a basic salvation prayer. Either title will work.
BASIC SALVATION PRAYER
Say the following prayer out loud, believe it from your heart, and you will be saved.
I now believe that Jesus Christ is Your only begotten Son, that He came to our earth in the flesh and died on the cross to take away all of my sins and the sins of this world. I believe that Jesus Christ then rose from the dead on the third day to give all of us eternal life.
I now confess to You all of the wrong and sinful things I have ever done in my life. I ask that You please forgive Me and wash away all of my sins by the blood that You have personally shed for me on the cross. I am now ready to accept You as my personal Lord and Savior. I now ask that You come into my life and live with Me for all of eternity.
Father, Jesus – I now believe that I am truly saved and born again.
Thank you Father.
Thank you Jesus.
If you have decided to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you are now born again. Here are a few things that will help you to grow as a Christian…
PRAY—prayer is like a telephone line that goes directly to God. It’s important to spend time talking to Him every day, the more the better (Philippians 4:6).
FELLOWSHIP—you need to have friends who share your beliefs and who can encourage you. This is why it’s so important to find a good, Bible-believing church where you can meet other Christians (Hebrews 10:24-25) (ask us for recommendations)
WITNESS TO OTHERS—share your faith in Jesus Christ with others. Pray that the Lord will reveal how you should witness and when (Mark 16:15).
GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS-Become a completely, commited follower of Jesus Christ
God bless you and we pray that you continue to grow closer to the Lord every day!
Tell us what you think! Please click below to recommend, share and leave a comment on this pageNo tags for this post.