Christian lay counseling is provided where we help people deal with the stresses of life and provide a friendly shoulder to cry on while gently introducing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and praying for their needs, if desired.
Our lay counselors are more experienced and trained Christian volunteers in the community who have had some experience in listening and helping the people who use our services.
They have caring hearts, are filled with mercy and grace and are aware of other community resources our guests may need.
What Is Christian Lay Counseling?
Counseling involves a caring relationship in which one person seeks to help another deal more effectively with the stresses of life. There can be a number of counseling goals:
- Clarify problems
- Explore and express feelings
- Cope with stress
- Find freedom from spiritual, psychological, and interpersonal conflicts
- Develop self-acceptance and God-awareness
- Confront guests with their sinful and self-defeating thoughts and/or actions, and help them find a new or renewed willingness to live in accordance with biblical teaching.
- Refer them to other Gospel Mission Programs or community resources, as needed
We also have a licensed councilor on call, provide referrals to local counseling agencies and occasionally have student intern councilors available.
Tell us what you think! Please click below to recommend, share and leave a comment on this page