We at Silver City Gospel Mission are taking every precaution to reduce the spread of the COVID 19 virus while still operating and serving God's children in need.
- Our dining room is closed, however we are still serving food to go.
- Breakfast: Mon-Fri 9-10am Lunch: Mon-Sat. 12-1pm
- Showers and Laundry facilities are temporarily suspended
- Food boxes for Morning Market will be pre-made and distributed on Texas Street as a drive thru option. Available on Wednesdays Only starting at 8:30am
- Dry commodities are available at our thrift store counter, 9am-1pm Mon & Fri ONLY
- Sierra House is still in operation. We are currently sheltering 6 women and 2 children.
Our current needs:
Disposable plates & bowls
Disposable silverware- mostly spoons & forks
Last week our big industrial freezer quit working. We lost about 100 pounds of meat. We expect a new freezer to be about $1800. We have had several donations amounting to $250. Please consider us in this time of crisis.
Know the facts about COVID 19. Don't share rumors & unintentionally spread misinformation. Federal, state & local governments are posting current and accurate information.
We use the following websites:
New Mexico Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Financial donations can be mailed to: Po Box 5198 Silver City, NM 88062
Please remember us in your prayers!
Yours in Christ,
Feeding, Clothing & Sheltering Silver City
Join the conversation On Facebook
“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me…” Matthew 25:35-36