The primary purpose of the Silver City Gospel Mission is to lead others to Christ.
According to our mission statement …
Without passing judgment, and in a spirit of love and hospitality, The Silver City Gospel Mission feeds, clothes, shelters, educates and provides an oasis of welcome, safety, and cleanliness for the homeless and men, women and children at or below the poverty line seeking survival services in the Silver City area.
We recognize the dignity and spiritual destiny of each person, and hope by our attitude of hospitality and love, to nourish not only the physical needs of those who come to the Gospel Mission, but also their spiritual need for love, acceptance, respect, friendship and salvation.
We serve each person with the belief that “as often as you did it for one of my least brothers and sisters, you did it for me.” (Matthew 25:40)
We don’t keep count, but have seen numerous people come to the Lord and it is a very ripe mission field.
We rely upon the power of the Holy Spirit to bring others to Christ and we plant seeds in numerous ways, including:
- Daily Bible Studies
- Christian counseling and prayer
- A Christ-centered addiction recovery program
- The personal testimony of our staff, board members and people we serve
- Bibles on all of the tables in the soup kitchen
- Christian tracts scattered in strategic spots
- Christian artwork, posters and the 10 commandments on the walls
- Christian music playing throughout the day
- Daily Bible verses written on boards in both the soup kitchen and thrift store,
- Prayer with anyone and anytime they need it right where we are
- And hopefully our selfless Christian love that we show to others on a daily basis
A new believers packet which consists of a Bible and some comforting verses are given to all those who are saved and we try and we refer them to our daily Bible studies, addiction counseling if needed and a local church.
But please keep in mind that we are an equal opportunity provider and will cheerfully serve all who come through our doors regardless of their beliefs and will never ‘shove our religion’ down anyone’s throat, treat someone differently or ever withhold any type of help just because someone doesn’t believe the same way we do or are in some way different than ourselves.No tags for this post.