At some point, almost everyone needs a hand up in life for one reason or another.
The Silver City Gospel Mission helps the homeless and those at risk in Silver City who are struggling to find even the most basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing and sometimes just a place to go.
We are passionate about providing a hand up, rather than a hand out.
We always have opportunities to serve and we are looking for you if you are as passionate about helping those in need as we are.”
Places To Go On The Silver City Gospel Mission Website
- Make a one-time or recurring donation to support our work
- View our hours of operation
- See what services we provide
- Find out ways you can volunteer
- Donate food, clothing or household items
- Read stories about people you have helped in Silver City
- Read about the local emergency shelters in Silver City
- Find out more about our special programs, such as our women and children’s shelter, self-sufficiency classes, our community service program, homeless survival kits and our greenhouse
- Click here to learn more about the true face of hunger in Silver City
For all other FNS nutrition assistance programs, State or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at(800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.